ABOUT SARAH VOGL
I'm a 23 year-old self-taught designer and photographer located in Southwest Virginia. I have a passion for creating identities through design and capturing personalities through photography. My favorite kind of art is that which practically organizes information to communicate both a visual and verbal message. I have about four years of experience doing so, as well as some web/mobile design and social media marketing.
Gray Matters is about creative problem solving, learning through collaboration and treading the middle-ground. I studied religion in college which fueled my fascination with things that aren't black-and-white. In my work and in life I aspire to seek understanding and develop solutions by engaging the gray area and discriminating the details.
When I'm not doing something design or photography related, I'm making music, hiking and hammocking, or snuggling up with my cats and a book.
When I came to Sarah to ask about design work for my debut studio album, I was unfamiliar with her work. Soon after our collaboration began I realized my luck. Throughout the entirety of my album's production, Sarah remained accessible and engaged, always offering quality input coupled with bold, creative plans for the album all at a generous rate. I will be consulting Sarah for future projects and I would recommend her to anyone in need of design or consultation. Her work is distinct, sharp, and speaks for itself. - DANIEL AYERS
I highly recommend a session with Sarah. She is fun and makes you feel comfortable. Her pictures turn out fantastic, she runs with your ideas, is very flexible, and affordable. Also, she's super sweet and truly loves what she does. - GRACE MONGER
Sarah is amazingly personable and personal with each photo shoot she does. She doesn't do the same old thing for everyone, she is different and inspiring. She makes sure you feel comfortable and is overall great! - EMMA KESSLER
Good design builds credibility. Good design should be affordable and accessible for all businesses, organizations and individuals who value visual communication. Let me help you unify your visual brand. There's no project too big or too small, so let's talk!
- Logos and branding
- Album art
- Posters, flyers, menus, booklettes, etc.
- Social media graphics and campaigns
- Squarespace/Tumblr websites
I love capturing candid moments. I believe in very little planning for most of my portrait sessions because the place where human spontaneity meets technical art is what I love most about my work. I start with a simple idea, a unique location and let improvisation decide the rest.
- If you're nervous about being in front of a camera, I'm probably the photographer for you! I use minimal equipment and I shy away from posing. Instead, I try to capture candid and natural moments. FAQ
- Head-shot sessions, lifestyle/portrait sessions, couples sessions, weddings and events
- All packages include post-processing and basic retouching.
- Best quality JPEG files are shared for download via Google Drive. (NO watermarks!)
Lifestyle Portrait Sessions ($150)
- 1 hour, 12 - 20+ photos
- One 5 x 7 framed print of your choice
- A laid-back, natural light session for one. Good for senior portraits, fashion, bloggers, etc.
Couples & Families Sessions ($200)
- 1 hour, 20 - 30+ photos
- Two 5 x 7 framed prints of your choice
- Couples, engagements, proposals, friends, families, children and other groups. Special announcements, Christmas cards or just because!
Creative & Studio Sessions ($250+)
- 2 hours, 40+ photos
- One 11 x 17 print of your choice
- Design a shoot around a particular idea, aesthetic or brand. Good for businesses, entrepreneurs, bloggers, musicians, etc.
Let's get coffee.