ABOUT SARAH VOGL
I'm passionate about creating identities through design and capturing personalities through photography. I have over five years of experience and I've also dabbled in web/mobile design and social media marketing.
Gray Matters is about creative problem solving, learning through collaboration and treading the middle-ground. I studied religion in college which fueled my fascination with things that aren't black-and-white. In my work and in life I aspire to seek understanding and develop solutions by engaging the gray area and discriminating the details.
When I'm not doing something design or photography related, I'm making music, hiking and hammocking, or snuggling up with my cats and a book.
When I came to Sarah to ask about design work for my debut studio album, I was unfamiliar with her work. Soon after our collaboration began I realized my luck. Throughout the entirety of my album's production, Sarah remained accessible and engaged, always offering quality input coupled with bold, creative plans for the album all at a generous rate. I will be consulting Sarah for future projects and I would recommend her to anyone in need of design or consultation. Her work is distinct, sharp, and speaks for itself. - DANIEL AYERS
I highly recommend a session with Sarah. She is fun and makes you feel comfortable. Her pictures turn out fantastic, she runs with your ideas, is very flexible, and affordable. Also, she's super sweet and truly loves what she does. - GRACE MONGER
Sarah is amazingly personable and personal with each photo shoot she does. She doesn't do the same old thing for everyone, she is different and inspiring. She makes sure you feel comfortable and is overall great! - EMMA KESSLER
I believe good design should be affordable and accessible for all businesses, organizations and individuals who value quality visual communication. Let me help you unify your visual and online brand.
- Logos and branding
- Album art
- Posters, flyers, menus, booklettes, etc.
- Social media graphics and campaigns
- Squarespace/Tumblr websites
I love capturing candid moments. I believe in very little planning for most of my portrait work. I start with a simple idea and a location and let spontaneity decide the rest.
- Headshot sessions, lifestyle/portrait sessions, couples sessions, weddings and events
- If you're nervous about being in front of a camera, I'm probably the photographer for you! I use minimal equipment and I shy away from posing. Instead, I try to capture candid and natural moments. FAQ
- All packages include post-processing and retouching. Best quality files are shared via Google Drive. NO watermarks!
Headshot Session ($30 per photo)
- 30 minute shoot, choose from ~12 photos
- This is the BEST deal. Update your headshots or profile picture without breaking the bank! Good for senior and business photos.
Lifestyle Portrait Session ($100)
- 1 hour shoot, 12 - 20+ photos
- Be yourself in a space that compliments you. A laid-back, minimal session for one. Good for senior portraits, fashion, bloggers, etc.
Couples Session ($160)
- 1 hour shoot, 20 - 30+ photos
- Couples, engagements, proposals, friends, families, children and other groups.
Creative Session ($200)
- 2-3 hour shoot, 20 - 40+ photos
- Design a shoot around a particular idea, aesthetic or brand. Good for businesses, entrepreneurs, bloggers, musicians, etc.
Let's schedule a coffee meeting.